The invitation to participate in the 2nd International Conference
Date: April 21, 2017
Venue: Intercontinental Hotel Moscow, Tverskaya 22
Organised by: MAXConference
Conference Partner: BOHNENKAMP AG
The competition between Russian and foreign forest lessees is ever-growing. Are there growth prospects for the Russian national forest industry? It is very much a practical question and the keynote of the 2nd International Conference “Russia’s Market of Timber and Sawn Wood 2017”. Our conference will provide a platform for discussion of current issues and the industry’s prospects for the next ten years.
Export trends, processing prospects, lessees’ potential changeover to the intensive model of forest management and regeneration are some of the matters for analysis and definition of the forest industry outlook.
The regulatory environment of the forest industry will come under special scrutiny. Discussions will revolve around the initiative by Russia’s industry and trade ministry to limit exports of birch as a result of veneer stock shortages in the domestic market and its potential impact.
Business management regional formats and local authorities’ involvement in the forest industry are also high on the agenda. The conference will examine local trends and paradigms.
The 2017 conference will debut discussions of timber transportation (including from felling sites), the introduction of base railway stations and creation of local hubs on the basis of regular timber transshipment railway stations.
- Global trends in logging and wood processing
- Potential impact from the forthcoming birch export ban
- New forestry and related legislation. Government agencies’ initiatives
- Pricing, trading instruments (OTC and exchange trading), foreign and regional best practices in trade and standard development
- Regional and foreign experience of wood processing. Expanding assortments
- Lessees’ potential changeover to the intensive model of forest management and regeneration
- Rolling stock availability crisis – platforms, open-top cars, chip-carriers. Rates analysis. Timber transportation from felling sites
- Possible revision of road trains loading norms as timber transportation by truck is transfixed by weight-checking stations in the regions
Among the 2016 participants: Russia’s Natural resources ministry, Russia’s Industry and trade ministry, Russia’s federal antimonopoly service, Forestry Ministry of the Republic of Belarus, Russian Timber Group, BioLesProm, Ilim Group, FinScan Oy, Mitsui & Co. Moscow LLC, Baltic Business Union, “Vologodskiye Lesopromyshlenniki” (Vologda Timber Merchants), Kronospan, Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange, St. Petersburg International Mercantile Exchange, FSC, Scania, Freight One, TransLes (Timber Transporters), Tavda Plywood Industrial Complex, Hasslaherles, Forest Certification and many others.
Regulatory authorities, Russian and foreign businesses, timber exchanges and transport operators are invited to participate to express their stance and discover the respective takes by the regulatory bodies and industry experts.